The speaker, David Niewolny, discusses the increasing use of AI in medical imaging and the innovations being developed by NVIDIA in the field. He talks about the importance of medical imaging in healthcare, the role of NVIDIA in providing computational support for medical imaging equipment, and the use of AI to improve image quality, reduce radiation dose, and run AI applications. He also discusses the future of medical imaging and the role of NVIDIA in democratizing AI for the global healthcare industry.
NVIDIA’s Presentation at RSNA 22
Key Points from the Presentation
- NVIDIA is involved in the development of AI in healthcare, specifically in medical imaging.
- The company is working with diagnostic imaging equipment providers to improve image quality, reduce radiation dose, and run AI applications.
- Photon Counting CT is considered the future of medical imaging, and NVIDIA’s computing architecture is enabling this breakthrough.
- NVIDIA is providing the computational foundation for the development of next-generation enterprise imaging and AI platforms.
- NVIDIA has created the Clara Medical Imaging Platform, a set of tools and frameworks for the medical imaging ecosystem to accelerate the development and deployment of AI-powered products and services.
- The platform includes MONAI, an open-source framework for medical AI research, and Clara Train SDK, a toolkit for training AI models.
- NVIDIA is also working on the Clara Deploy SDK, a toolkit for deploying AI models to the edge, and Clara Guardian, a system for monitoring and managing AI deployments in clinical environments.
- NVIDIA is addressing challenges to the widespread clinical use of AI in medical imaging, such as regulatory and ethical concerns, data privacy and security, and the need for transparent and explainable AI.
- NVIDIA is proposing solutions to turbocharge the AI innovation engine within medical imaging, such as open collaboration, open data and open source, and continuous education and training.
- The company is committed to democratizing AI for the global healthcare industry and advancing the role of AI in improving patient care and outcomes.